Within each email stream you have the ability to do the following:
- Enable emails by clicking on the toggle button (Button will turn green when it is enabled)
- Edit the sending time, so the matching gift emails can be sent based on when the donation record enters into 360MacthPro
- Edit the subject title and body of the emails by using the email template variables within the body of the emails.
- Click on the preview button to send a test email to yourself and experience what the donor will also experience.
Donors placed into this email stream have identified that they work for a matching gift company based on our database (i.e. they used the streamlined search tool on the donation page and/or you have company information from your CRM). There are up to 3 emails in total that can be sent to donors. Our recommended approach is to turn on all 3 emails within this email stream.
Donors placed into this email stream have NOT identified where they work and these donors often use a personal email address when giving to your organization. There are up to 2 emails in total that can be sent to donors. Our recommended approach is to turn on both emails within this email stream.
The Ineligible automated outreach stream was sunsetted in the August 2022 release. We are excited to have simultaneously launched the new Ineligible survey approach to learn more from ineligible donors and provide tailored next steps. Learn more about the Ineligible survey approach here
The thank you email stream is the easiest, automated way to ensure your organization is following stewardship best practices when it comes to matching gifts. This stream is off by default.
Sending Criteria allows your organization to decide which donors you would like to send thank you emails to. Select the statuses you would like to trigger a thank you email. We recommend selecting all three available statuses, especially if your organization does not use any of the manual statuses available in 360MatchPro.
Emails will be sent 30 minutes after the donation enters a status that you selected in the Sending Criteria section. Only one thank you email will be sent even if a donation moves through multiple statuses you selected. For example, if you have selected all three statuses, and a donation enters "Match Initiated - Donor Verified," the email will be sent 30 minutes after this status change. Another email will not be sent if the donation later moves into the Pending Payment status.
During the month of December, the end of year email stream is your organization's end-of-year reminder to donors about submitting their matching gift request. Only one end-of-year email can be sent to donors that fulfilled the criteria below:
- For the Unknown Company End-of-Year stream, the donor eligibility is unknown and the donor must have made at least one donation of $100 or more.
- For the Match Eligible End-of-Year stream, the donor is match eligible but they have not identified that they have submitted a matching gift request.
- The donation was made between January 1st and November 30th of the current year.
The end-of-year email continues to honor the email blocklist, sending limits, and company exclusions. If an email address is associated with multiple donations (e.g. recurring donors), only one end-of-year email may be sent to that address.
Email Template Variables
Our default email streams are set up so you can easily turn them on right away. However, you can use email template variables in the body of the emails if you’d like to be more specific within emails. Insert the variable within the body of the email in order for the description to occur.
You have the ability to customize each email stream for your organization. You can customize the following within each email stream:
- Enable/disable the email stream
- Change the sending time of each email
- Edit the Subject Line of the emails
- Customize the emails using email template variables if you'd like to be more specific within emails
- Preview each email and send test emails to yourself before enabling the emails
Make sure to save any changes you make by clicking "Save Email Template."
Training Videos: Automated Outreach