Step-by-Step: Integrate Double the Donation's 360MatchPro into Encompass from iModules
360MatchPro is the industry-leading matching gifts automation solution for nonprofits and educational institutions to identify more matching gift revenue opportunities and drive more matches to completion. You’ll need a 360MatchPro account to activate the matching gift functionality within this partner platform. Not a 360MatchPro client? Schedule a demo at https://360matchpro.com/demo-request/.
Your Double the Donation client success representative will contact the iModules team on your behalf during your onboarding experience to enable the integration within your Encompass instance. You may also request this activation after onboarding directly from the Double the Donation support team by contacting email@example.com
. Once the 360MatchPro integration is enabled in your Encompass instance, complete the following steps to add 360MatchPro functionality to your donation forms.
Step #1: Navigate to the donation form editor of the donation form you would like to integrate with 360MatchPro. Select "Add New Field" from the dropdown menu in the top righthand corner.
Step #2: From the "Data Field Type" dropdown, select the "Gift Matching" field from the "Campaign Fields" section.
Step #3: Fill out the other configuration options for the gift matching field. Recommended configurations are listed below:
- Field Name [the internal name for this field in your Encompass instance]: Double the Donation employer name
- Display Name [the external name that appears as the label of the field on your donation form]: Many companies sponsor matching gift programs that increase the impact of your gift. See if your company will match your donation! Search your employer's name.
Note: The following image does not reflect the recommended Field Name and Display Name. Please follow the recommendations in the bullet points above.
Step #4: Confirm that the 360MatchPro employer name search field appears properly on your donation form.
Note: The following image does not reflect the recommended Display Name. Please follow the recommendations in Step #3 above and in the section below.
Formatting the 360MatchPro Search Field on your Encompass Donation Form
Double the Donation recommends the following formatting configurations, which will ensure the highest conversion rates, most matches identified, and least donor confusion.
- Place the 360MatchPro "Gift Matching" field on the form in your default category, not in a collapsible, so it is visible as soon as the page loads.
- Why? This immediately visible configuration ensures that every donor has the best chance of seeing and interacting with the employer name search field. Requiring donors to take an additional action like expanding a new section adds friction to your form, lowering your matching gift identification rates as well as the overall conversion rate of your form.
- Edit your custom Display Name to the following: "See if your company will match your donation! Search your employer's name. More information will be provided after your donation is completed."
- Why? Providing donors with clear instructions and expectations allows them to move as quickly and confidently as possible through your Encompass form. Their speed is directly correlated to higher matching gift identification and revenue.
- Note: Remember that your Display Name is different on each of your donation forms. You should check the Display Name for each integrated donation form.
- Remove any other matching gift-related fields. Your new 360MatchPro employer search field should replace any fields, check boxes, text, or links that might have been on your Encompass donation form previously.
- Why? Donors will be confused if they see multiple matching gift-related fields, and confused donors are much more likely to skip the conflicting fields altogether. This results in lower matching gift identification and lower revenue for your organization.
- Note: Remember that any additional elements around your matching gift field could be different on each of your donation forms. You should check each integrated donation form to make sure you've removed any confusing legacy information.
View this great example of these best practices below:
iModules-Double the Donation FAQs
Q: I don't have a 360MatchPro account. How do I get one?
Q: Is there a fee to activate the Encompass-360MatchPro integration?
A: Some activations may involve an implementation fee. Consult your Double the Donation team member with any questions.
Q: Is matching gift information stored in my Encompass member profiles?
A: Because each institution using Encompass is also using a variety of different systems to sync profule data, which all have different naming conventions and field restrictions, matching gift information from 360MatchPro is not stored in the Encompass member profile. If you wish to reflect matching gift information from 360MatchPro in Encompass, you can export matching gift information from 360MatchPro and import it into Encompass fairly simply! Contact your iModules client success team member for guidance.
Q: Where can I embed Double the Donation's matching gift search plugin?
A: We recommend that you incorporate Double the Donation's matching gift search tool across your broader fundraising. To install the search tool anywhere on your website, simply copy and paste the Embed Code from your 360MatchPro portal.
We recommend that you create a dedicated matching gift page where you can explain what matching gift programs are and provide donors with a chance to look up their employer's program forms, guidelines, and instructions. This page can be used as a resource to be included in emails, newsletters, and direct messages. This page will also be connected to your 360MatchPro automated email outreach.
Take a look at how the University of Pikeville website incorporates the Double the Donation plugin on a page designated to matching gifts.