Updating the Status of a Donor
Within your 360MatchPro portal, you have the ability to update the status of a Donation record. The reason that you may choose to update the status of a donation record is to keep the donation record updated as it aligns with the timeline of the matching gift submission process.
Automatically, when the donation record flows into 360MatchPro, that donation record will be placed into one of the three statuses:
- Waiting for Donor (Match Eligible)
- Unknown Employer (Unknown Company)
Then automated emails will be sent to donors. The status of each donation record can change as the donor interacts with the automated emails. Some donation records will automatically change to match submitted if the donor identifies that they've submitted their match by click on the "Step 2" button within the automated emails.
From there, you can choose to change the status in the following scenarios:
- Changing a donor's status to Match Initiated: A donor may have received an automated matching gift email and reply to the email saying that they've submitted a matching gift request already. You can manually change the status of the donor from their previous status to "Match Initiated"
- Changing a donor's status to Pending Payment: Your organization receives a verification email from a matching gift company because a donor has submitted their matching gift request to their employer. You confirm that you did receive a donation for that donor. When you confirm within that verification email, you can log in to your 360MatchPro portal and manually change the status to "Pending Payment." To show that you are awaiting the matching gift funds. This helps your organization keep track of donation records that you are waiting on matching gift funds.
- Changing a donor's status to Match Complete: Your organization receives matching gift funds from the matching gift company and you can log in to your 360MatchPro portal and manually change the status of the donor to "Match Complete." This lets your organization know that this donation record has completed their match and no more action is required to that specific donation record.
How to update the status of a Donor?
You can update the status of a donation record by clicking on the status of the donor who you’d like to update. Then, select the new status and “Update.” View the images below showing the process:
Data Import: Updating existing donation records in bulk
Data Import - Update existing donation records Within 360MatchPro, you have the ability to update donation records in bulk to make it easier for your team to view records in 360MatchPro and ensure they are up-to-date. Because 360MatchPro, doesn't ...
What do the different donor statuses mean?
Initial Donation Record Statuses: The following three statuses are initially determined when donor information flows into your 360MatchPro account. Waiting for Donor: Donors identified as working for a company with a matching gift program will ...
Sorting and Filtering Donation Records
Within your 360MatchPro account portal, you have the ability to sort and filter donation records to narrow down the exact data that you are looking for. Filtering Donation Records You have the ability to filter donation records based on the ...
Understanding Individual records
Each donation record includes the following information: Donation date First and last name of the donor Donation amount Donor’s email address Phone number (if applicable) Company name (if applicable) Donor Status Campaign name Donation identifier ...
Updating a Company Name
Within your 360MatchPro account portal, you have the ability to change a company name for a donation record. A donor may reach out to you via email and say their company has changed, so you have the ability to manually change a company name. ...