How can I reset my organization's Double the Donation password?
You can reset your Double the Donation password by going to https://doublethedonation.com/members/login/, click on "Forgot password" and enter the email address that was used when your organization became a Double the Donation client.
If you no longer have access to that email address please take these following steps To ensure we can find your account, please provide:
1. The simplest way is to recommend that the new user get the credentials for the account by asking the former administrator of the account or asking the former administrator to add you as a new user on the account.
2. If you as the user have access to that former email address but don't know the password, reset the password here
3. If the former admin on the account is no longer with the organization and/or the new user has no access to that email address, try the following:
- Contact your email administrator at your organization and request that they give you access to the former email address, or pass along a password reset email for the account.
- Consider setting up a catch-all account to help you retrieve emails sent to the email address; Your email administrator can assist with this. A catch-all account is an email address that collects all emails addressed to your domain, including email addresses unknown to the server. A catch-all account is useful for catching and storing emails addressed to misspelled recipients in a domain. After setting up the catch-all account, you can click reset your password. After resetting the password, sign in to your account with Double the Donation and then update the email address on the account to your current email address.
- Ask your colleagues to see if they were added as Admins on your account. Typically we recommend three admins so there's a good chance one of your colleagues is also an Admin. If so, they can log in and add you as a user by following these instructions (Add user Guide).
Key things to consider: Your organization's account has your organization's donor data in it. To protect your donor data, your organization's Administrators are responsible for adding/removing authorized users on your account. If a former employee leaves your organization, there are a number of ways your organization can re-gain access to your Double the Donation account. To protect the security of accounts, Double the Donation doesn't typically add users to any account.
Please note: Double the Donation provides matching gift tools directly to nonprofits to help nonprofits raise more money from employee matching gift programs. If you're an employee or retiree who works for a company with a matching gift program, you do not log into Double the Donation's service. You need to log into your employer's matching gift website.
If you're a nonprofit who does not subscribe to Double the Donation's service and are trying to verify a matching gift, you'll need to reach out directly to the company.