Step-by-Step: Integrate Double the Donation's Matching Gift Plugin into WordPress
360MatchPro is the industry-leading matching gifts automation solution for nonprofits and educational institutions to identify more matching gift revenue opportunities and drive more matches to completion. You’ll need a 360MatchPro account to activate the matching gift functionality within this partner platform. Not a 360MatchPro client? Schedule a demo at https://360matchpro.com/demo-request/.
Part 1: Download and install Double the Donation's WordPress plugin from your WordPress CMS account
Step #1: Navigate to "Plugins" → "Add New"
Step #2: In the WordPress plugin search bar, type in "Double the Donation"
Step #3: When you’ve found the Double the Donation plugin, click Install Now.
Step #4: Once installed, click Activate.
Step #5: Once activated, go to the Matching Gifts section toward the bottom of your left-side menu.
Step #6: In a separate tab, go to your 360MatchPro account and access your Public API Key within Settings. Highlight and copy the key.
Step #7: Go back to your Matching Gifts section in WordPress, paste your Public API Key within the field, then hit Enter.
Step #8: Once the API Key is entered, you’ll receive this confirmation message. Copy the shortcode provided for pasting onto your matching gifts page.
Part 2: Add the Double the Donation Plugin to your dedicated matching gifts page
Step #1: Paste the shortcode [doublethedonation] into a text block in the cell where you’d like the plugin to appear.
Step #2: Save your changes and publish your page, now complete with the plugin.
Step #3: Then enter the URL of your matching gifts page into your Plugin Settings in your 360MatchPro account, and save your settings.
WordPress - Double the Donation - FAQ
Q: i don't have a 360MatchPro account. How do I get one?
Q: What's the difference between WordPress CMS and WordPress.com sites? Does Double the Donation work on both?
A: There are two types of WordPress sites:
- Websites that use the WordPress CMS (content management system)
- Double the Donation absolutely works on WordPress CMS sites, which allow users to add plugins and customize their websites. Organizations using WordPress CMS are able to embed Double the Donation's search tool plugin directly onto their websites. Organizations can also always link to their hosted matching gift page on Double the Donation's website.
- Websites that are hosted on Wordpress.com
- Double the Donation can also be used by nonprofits who host their websites on wordpress.com. The best option for these organizations is to subscribe to the first tier of Double the Donation's service. This includes a matching gift page on Double the Donation's website, branded to match the organization, which can be easily linked to with either text links or graphic links. Wordpress.com strips out part of the Double the Donation code, so the iframe can not be embedded directly.
Q: Where can I access Double the Donation's matching gift WordPress plugin?
A: You can download Double the Donation's matching gift WordPress plugin in one of two ways:
- From directly within your WordPress CMS account
- From the Wordpress.org site at https://wordpress.org/plugins/double-the-donation/
Q: I'm trying to add the Double the Donation plugin to WordPress, but it's not working as expected. Am I doing something wrong?
A: There are multiple options for getting the Double the Donation plugin up and running on your WordPress site. Depending on the WordPress version and settings you're using, the text editor where you add our plugin code might strip out certain parts of code when switching from the text editor to the visual editor. If your wordpress.com site is not working properly, the answer is often that the code is being stripped. Our recommendation would be linking to your hosted matching gifts page on Double the Donation. That way, you can be sure that your tool will be working properly when presented to your donors.
Q: Where else can I embed Double the Donation's plugin?
A: We recommend you create a dedicated matching gift page on your website to place matching gift information in the path of every website visitor, not just those already on your donation form. On this page, you can explain what matching gift programs are and provide donors with a chance to look up their employer’s program forms, guidelines, and instructions. Your dedicated matching gift page will become a useful resource to include in emails, newsletters, and direct messages.
To install Double the Donation’s matching gift search tool anywhere on your website, simply copy and paste the same Embed Code that you used before. Take a look at the following example: