Using Google Two-Factor Authentication for MFA
Adding Two-Factor Authentication to a New User Profile
This section is for 360MatchPro administrators wanting to set up two-factor authentication for a new user.
As the administrator role within your account, you have the ability to add users and add a higher level of security for logging into your 360MatchPro account. Using Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) can greatly imcrease the security of your account by adding layers of identify validation before any user can access the information in 360MatchPro.
Follow this simple process to add Google two-factor authentication for a new user:
- Login to your account
- User management
- Add New User
- Check "Require Authenticator? (2 Factor) then "Add New User"
- Save the QR code image onto your computer, and then email it to the new user. We recommend using the following wording in your email to the new user:
"2 Factor Authentication has been enabled for your 360MatchPro account. Please use the QR code attached to this email and these instructions to finish the setup process. Be sure to test your new login process and let your account administrator know if you have any questions."
If you need to view it again, you can click on "View Authenticator Image" next to the user in order to see the QR Code again.
How To Use the QR Code
This section is for users whose 360MatchPro administrator has enabled two-factor authentication for their user profile.
Once your administrator has enabled two-factor authentication for your user profile, they will send you a QR code. With that code, follow these steps:
- Download the app called "Google Authenticator" on your smartphone.
- Scan the QR code on your screen into that app.
- A 6 digit code will appear within your Google Authenticator app after you've scanned the code.
- Now going forward, when you login to 360MatchPo, you'll use the following:
- Two - Factor Authenticator Code (generated from your "Google Authenticator" application on your phone). This code is time sensitive, so ensure that you are using the code that appears in your app at the moment you're trying to sign in, not an old code.
If you have the 2-step authenticator set up, you will not be able to sign in with just a username and password.
How can I reset my organization's Double the Donation password?
Please note: Double the Donation provides matching gift tools directly to nonprofits to help nonprofits raise more money from employee matching gift programs. If you're an employee or retiree who works for a company with a matching gift program, you ...
User Locked Out of Account
Double the Donation allows 10 failed login attempts before disabling further login attempts for the same username for 24 hours. After 24 hours, the user can attempt to log in again. If a user from your organization is locked out of their account ...
Getting Started: User Management Overview
User management It's important to give login access to team members within your organization, so they are aware of 360MatchPro and what the software does for your organization. Often you have to give access to multiple departments in your ...
Understanding User Roles
User Roles When an account is created for your organization, it will include one primary user on the account. We recommend adding 3 or more users to the account in order to ensure your team members are aware of 360MatchPro. Often, multiple roles from ...
Setting up Your CNAMEs with Google Domains
How to add CNAMEs to your Google Domains hosted domain When you create your account, we default to sending emails from a Double the Donation email address. You can give Double the Donation's 360MatchPro platform permission to send emails on your ...