Getting Started: Advanced Settings
The Related Record Detection setting can help your organization reduce the number of donors in the Unknown Employer status and make donor communication more personalized and therefore more effective. When this setting is enabled, when a donor identifies their employer for one donation, 360MatchPro will "remember" that employer for a certain period of time and update other transaction records by the same donor with that identified employer. See the image below:
Recommendation: We recommend activating this feature and setting the lookback period to 13 months.
Please note that 360MatchPro recognizes unique donors by email address. Two transactions associated with the same email address will be identified as the same donor by 360MatchPro.
Your organization can decide how far back 360MatchPro should look to find historical employer data. We recommend 13 months (the default setting), but your organization can select any value from 6 months to 18 months.
Enabling this feature will do the following:
- When a new donation with an employer name is recorded, automatically check for donations associated with the same email address with timestamps within the past 6 months. If any of those previous transactions are not associated with an employer name, add the newly identified employer name to the previous transaction records.
- When a new donation without an employer name is recorded, automatically check for donations associated with the same email address with timestamps within the past 6 months. If any of those previous transactions are associated with an employer name, add that employer name to the new transaction record.
Enabling this feature will not do the following:
- Override employer names associated with previous transactions, even if a new transaction from the same donor is associated with a different company. Only transactions without employer information will be affected. Donor employment changes over time, so historical employer information will be honored to maintain data hygiene.
- Change the content in any emails associated with the previous transactions that are already scheduled.
- Check for any records associated with the same email address beyond the previous 6 months.
When you are integrating 360MatchPro with a CRM you currently use like Raiser's Edge NXT or Salesforce, sometimes the donation record can be imported with no time zone associated with it. So as a default, 360MatchPro will select the timezone to be in London time (GMT+00:00) and the timezone that the donations display in will be in Eastern Tim (GMT-05:00). Because of this default time zone, this can cause your dates to be a day off when you view donation records in the Donations section within 360MatchPro. To solve this problem, you have the ability to select the correct Timezone Selection based on where your nonprofit organization is located.
Recommendation: Keep the timezones the same. The timezone which you'd like donations to be displayed in should be the same timezone which data import should default to if there is no timezone information specified. For example, if you are in Eastern Time, select Eastern Time for both timezones so all of the dates/times within 360MatchPro is reflective of the correct timezone you are in.
Q: It appears the wrong company is being associated with several donor records. Why could that be?
A: The Related Record Detection feature maps donor records based on email addresses, so donor records that share the same email address will be associated with the same donor information (i.e. company name) in 360MatchPro. If the Related Record Detection feature is enabled, donor records should include a unique email address for each donor or, if the email is unknown, the email field should be kept blank for that record. Click here to learn more about how donation records are identified in 360MatchPro.
Getting Started: Settings Overview
Settings Within the Settings tab, you can configure your 360MatchPro account settings to meet your organization's needs. You will be able to access the following settings: API Keys Plugin Settings Exclusion Rules Company Exclusions Manage Programs ...
Getting Started: Understanding Plugin Settings
Plugin Settings Within your Double the Donation account you have the ability to create a dedicated matching gift page on your website featuring our searchable database plugin. This becomes a call to action page where donors can access the forms, ...
How does Double the Donation handle timestamps on donation records?
When 360MatchPro processes a donation record, it expects a timestamp that contains the date, time, and time zone (e.g. UTC offset from Greenwich Mean Time) using the standard ISO 8501 format of YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss+hh:00. How does 360MatchPro process ...
Getting Started: Integration Configuration
360MatchPro has the ability to integrate with multiple type of platforms that your organization may use, including: Donation forms Nonprofit CRMs Crowdfunding platforms Peer-to-peer fundraising platforms Content Management Systems Charity Auction ...
Getting Started: Reporting Overview
Reporting in 360MatchPro is carefully calibrated to improve your organization's matching gift results. Each pre-built report is evidence-driven, designed after learning from the successful matching gift-boosting strategies of thousands of 360MatchPro ...