Should we place the streamline search tool on our donation form?
Some organizations wonder whether they should place our streamline search tool on their donation form. Here are some key points to consider:
- Placing the search tool on your donation form increases utilization of the tool.
- Donors are more likely to utilize the search tool on your donation form as an optional field. (Do not make it mandatory and do not ask for an employer email address)
Capturing employer information during the donation process prompts our system to immediately provide the relevant matching gift information on the confirmation screen so that donors have easy access to the forms they need.
- Adding the search tool as an optional field increases the number of donors that provide company information and thus can have their matching eligibility determined.
On the donation form, our search tool converts to a freeform text field when no matching gift company name is detected. Therefore donors are not interrupted by any "no match found" notifications. Adding our streamlined search tool as a field on your donation form should not negatively affect donation conversion rates.
One of the biggest benefits of adding our streamline search tool on the actual donation form is that you make it a step that every online donor thinks about as they go through the donation process. Most donors read every field and will pause to search if their company will match their donation and access the information they need to do so.
On average, our clients that add our matching gift search tool on the donation form see a 2.58x increase in usage by their donors.
Here is an example of how our streamline search tool fits seamlessly into a donation form:
Decided not to place the search tool on your donation form?
- Some organizations choose to leave the search tool off of their donation form and rely on capturing donor information on the confirmation screen. However, utilization of our matching gift search tool on a confirmation screen will be lower than if it's placed on a donation form.
- Organizations who rely on capturing donors’ company information on the confirmation screen see a higher percentage of donors in an Unknown Employer status
Once you decide to place your search tool on your donation form, we recommend working toward placing the search tool on all of your forms, including peer-to-peer, crowdfunding, and special events forms.
Is it better to embed the matching gift search tool directly on a donation form or on the thank you screen?
To see the best ROI with our matching gift tools and an increase in matching gift revenue annually, we encourage you to incorporate our matching gift search tool into one of two spots in the donation process: On the actual donation form as an ...
Animate the Search Field
If you want to animate the search field of your plugin, you can do so by going to Settings --> Plugin Settings --> check the box "Animate the search field's placeholder text." Animating the search field's placeholder text can increase the likelihood ...
Customize the Search Text
Within your account, you can go to Settings --> Plugin Settings and customize the text of the plugin. The standard text in the plugin says "See if your employer will match your donation." We recommend keeping this wording as it is, but you have the ...
How are donation records identified in 360MatchPro?
For any individual donation record, we determine where a donor works and if that company has a matching gift program in a number of ways. The four primary ways are listed below: 1. Matching Gift Search Field: One way we can identify where a donor ...
Can I integrate/add Double the Donation's Plugin (Matching Gift Search Tool) to a Wordpress webpage?
Step-by-Step: Integrate Double the Donation's Matching Gift Plugin into WordPress 360MatchPro is the industry-leading matching gifts automation solution for nonprofits and educational institutions to identify more matching gift revenue opportunities ...