What do the different donor statuses mean?
Initial Donation Record Statuses:
The following three statuses are initially determined when donor information flows into your 360MatchPro account.
- Waiting for Donor: Donors identified as working for a company with a matching gift program will remain in this status until they interact with the automated emails to indicate they submitted their match request, are ineligible for a match, or until your organization changes the donor’s status. These donors are placed in the Match Eligible automated email stream.
- Unknown Employer: Donations initially enter the system as unknown employer when they haven’t indicated where they work and used a personal email (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) address rather than a work email. These donors are placed in the Unknown Company automated email stream.
- Ineligible: Donors we identify from either their email domain or use of the matching gift tools as likely not working for a company which will match a donation to your organization.
These statuses reflect where your donors are in the matching gift submission process and update automatically in your account based on the activity associated with the donation record.
- Waiting For Donor
- Unknown Employer
- Match Initiated - Donors who access their matching gift forms through the search tool or email.
- Match Initiated - Donor Verified - Donors who indicate they submitted their match requests by personally clicking the corresponding button in the automated emails.
These statuses do not update automatically, but can be manually updated to help your organization track where donors are in the matching gift submission process. Click here to learn how to manually update the status of a donation record.
- Pending Payment: Updated by the nonprofit when a match has been verified and has been sent to the company for approval and disbursement.
- Match Complete: Updated by the nonprofit when the matching gift has been received and the process is complete.
Updating the Status of a Donor
Within your 360MatchPro portal, you have the ability to update the status of a Donation record. The reason that you may choose to update the status of a donation record is to keep the donation record updated as it aligns with the timeline of the ...
How do matching gifts get submitted and verified by donors, nonprofits, and companies?
The matching gift submission process is easy for donors, nonprofits, and companies but it does involve a few steps: #1: The donor submits a matching gift request At Double the Donation, we build and maintain a database of companies that match ...
Breakdown by Status
Within the Statistics Section, you'll be able to gain insight into where your donors are in the matching gift submission process. This section is broken down by status so you can see the number of donors in each status and the total number of ...
Portal Management: Matching Gift Portal Vendors
Portal Management: Matching Gift Portal Vendors Intro When the match eligible donor submits their match to their employer, you as the nonprofit will receive either a verification email or non-verification based on the matching gift vendor. Since each ...
What sort of notification does a nonprofit receive when a matching gift is submitted?
It's important to remember that each company establishes its own matching gift process. But in general there are two different paths for donors that most companies follow: A donor submits their matching gift request electronically A donor fills out ...