Double the Donation has clients across the US, Canada, Australia, and Western Europe. Along with that, our software is designed to accommodate nonprofits who fundraise in one or multiple geographic markets.
You can customize the search results and how our software works for your organization by adjusting the geographic regions that apply to your nonprofit.
This can be done under Settings --> Exclusion Settings.
The default is that USA will be checked, but you can customize this for your nonprofit. Feel free to add additional regions according to where a substantial number of your donors are located. When you select the region(s), 360MatchPro will tailor the matching gift search results and information presented to your donors based on your selections.
Recommendation - What Geographic Region(s) to Select:
Here are the most common scenarios for nonprofits and how we recommend you handle these within 360MatchPro:
- If your nonprofit tax status is exclusively based in the US and you primarily have US donors, we recommend that you just select US.
- If your nonprofit tax status is exclusively based in Canada and you primarily have Canadian donors, we recommend that you just select Canada.
- If you’re registered as a nonprofit in multiple markets (Ex. US and Canada) or have a large number of donors in multiple markets (Ex. US and Canada), we recommend that you select both Canada and US.
With Double the Donation's database of matching gift companies, we categorize which geographic region a company's matching gift program applies to and can have one or multiple unique variations for a company depending on how the company structures their program.
- If you select one geographic region → We'll show all results which have that market checked
- If you select multiple geographic regions→ We'll show all results which have one of the markets checked
For example: If you only select the Canada region and no others, we then customize results to:
- Show Canada variations of search results where applicable
- Exclude companies that we strongly believe won’t match donations to your organization