This article walks through how to complete the CNAME setup for email domains hosted by 1&1 IONOS so that the matching gift emails can be sent from your organization's email domain.
When you create your account, we default to sending emails from a Double the Donation email address. You can give Double the Donation's 360MatchPro platform permission to send emails on your behalf by adding a few new records in your DNS.
Step #1: Complete the CNAME Setup
1. . Log into your 1&1 account and click Manage Domain.
2. Select your subdomain, then click on the Settings gear icon.
3. Click on DNS.
4. Click on Add record and select CNAME.
5. Copy and paste the Host and Should Point to information from 360MatchPro and enter into the respective fields in 1&1.
6. Click "Save" button, then repeat steps 4 through 5 for the remaining two CNAME records from 360MatchPro until all 3 records are added and saved.
DNS changes can take 48 hours to propagate. That means after you complete the above steps, you might need to wait up to 24-48 hours before you can log into 360MatchPro and successfully click on the "Validate Domain" button.
Step #2: Complete the DMARC Setup
1. In your DNS Settings, look for the option to review the list of records already added. If you see a DMARC TXT record already added, congratulations! You're done. You can check to make sure 360MatchPro has correctly identified your DMARC record by checking the "TXT" row in 360MatchPro's "Email Customization - Sending" tab:
If you do not see a TXT record in the list, move on to step 2 below.
2. In the example below, all DNS record types are displayed together. Your DNS provider may show each record type (A, CNAME, TXT, etc.) in a separate section; if this is the case, find the section for TXT / DMARC records. Add a new record by clicking Add Record.
Please note: each DNS provider has a unique layout and interface. These instructions give a general overview of the steps to take within your DNS provider; however, the navigation and steps may be slightly different.
3. In the DNS Setup Table in 360MatchPro, there is 1 TXT record. Copy the value from the Hostname column, switch to the browser tab containing your DNS settings, and paste it into the corresponding field in your DNS provider account. Some DNS providers will refer to Hostnames as Aliases.
4. Switch back to your 360MatchPro browser tab. For the same TXT record, copy the value in the Value Should Be column. Back in your DNS browser window, to paste into the corresponding field in your DNS provider account.
Please note: The sample value provided for your DMARC TXT record is very simple. Your IT team may want to modify it slightly. This value is sufficient for the purposes of sending matching gift emails through 360MatchPro.
5. Save your changes in your DNS provider account.